2018 Kia Optima Trim Level Options
The Kia Optima is something unusual – an exciting midsize sedan. In a class known for its stalwart commitment to resisting challenge, the Kia Optima gives drivers the ability to enjoy class-leading comfort, convenience, and safety features without driving something plain. Additionally, Kia’s set of standard features and configuration options on the 2018 Kia Optima allows drivers to meet any want or need in this stylish, award-winning 4-door sedan.
Out with the SXL, in with the S
One of the biggest changes drivers may notice for the 2018 Kia Optima is the addition and replacement of a 2017 Kia Optima trim level. Gone is the SXL 2.0 Turbo from the trim level options lineup, in its place is the sporty S trim level.
If you had been faithfully waiting and saving up for the SXL 2.0 Turbo, however, take heart. Kia hasn’t eliminated this feature-set, only moved it to a package offered under the name SX Limited. Even better news, the MSRP is reduced on this new package, from the 2017 Kia Optima SXL 2.0 Turbo trim level.
Upgrades for All Trim Levels
Kia gave all trim levels a boost by offering the incredible UVO eServices system with a 7″ touch screen supporting Android Auto and Apple CarPlay as a standard feature across all trim levels for the 2018 Kia Optima. Beyond entertainment, Kia has further emphasized its commitment to safety by offering the following features as standard on all 2018 Kia Optima trim levels.
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD) – This feature uses radar to alert drivers to objects or vehicles in their blind-spot. This can be very helpful when merging.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) – When you’re backing up, you want to know if a vehicle is heading toward the place your car will be backing up into. Standard for 2018 is the Rear Cross Traffic Alert which uses sensors to alert drivers to vehicles that may pose a collision risk when backing up.
- Rear Parking Assist System (RPAS) – Where Rear Cross Traffic alert helps drivers who are backing out a parking space, the Rear Parking Assist System helps drivers backing up by alerting them to any object or vehicle in the path of their backward movement.
[READ MORE: 2017 Kia Forte Safety Features]
2018 Kia Optima LX
The 2018 Kia Optima LX is the base model Optima. It provides a host of standard safety, technology, and convenience features which allow drivers to travel in comfort and style.
- 2.4L I4 engine
- 185 horsepower
- 25/36/29 mpg (EPA-estimated city/highway/combined)
- Heated outside mirrors
- 16″ alloy wheels with silver finish
The 2018 Kia Optima LX is also available in a 1.6L Turbocharged engine trim level package. This trim level provides a light gray finish on the 16″ alloy wheels, leather-wrapped steering-wheel/gear-shift knob, and 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with 2-way power lumbar support, a feature that is an option in the regular LX model.
2018 Kia Optima S
The 2018 Kia Optima S provides sporty flourish without sacrificing the efficiency of the LX model. Most features carry over from the 2018 Kia Optima LX, unless replaced or improved by the following:
- Available panoramic sunroof with power sunshade
- Sport-front dark metallic grille, with sport-front bumper and chrome accents
- Rear spoiler
- LED fog lights
- Sport-style LED rear combination lights
- 17″ ally wheels
- Sport black interior cloth with leatherette bolsters
- Available interior LED lighting
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear-shift knob
- 10-way power-adjustable driver-s seat with 2-way power lumbar support
2018 Kia Optima EX
The 2018 Kia Optima EX expands on the features present in the S model, adding standard amenities and available options that push this midsize sedan into the realm of a luxury vehicle without a luxury vehicle’s price tag.
- 12-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with Integrated Memory System (IMS)
- Leather seat trim with heated front seats
- Smart key w/push-button start and immobilizer
- Dark metallic front grille
- Available sport-front dark metallic grille, with sport-front bumper and chrome accents
- Power-folding outside mirrors
- Door handle pocket lights
- Smart welcome
- Smart Trunk™
- LED daytime running lights
- Available LED fog lights
- LED rear combination lighting
- Dual-zone automatic temperature control
- Leather seat trim
- Heated seats
2018 Kia Optima SX
For those that want it all, including a competitive MSRP, the 2018 Kia Optima SX is the perfect vehicle. It provides key performance upgrades and a host of standard technology, comfort, and convenience options which push it leagues ahead of competitors in the midsize sedan class.
- 2.0L I4 engine
- 245 horsepower
- EPA-estimated 22/31/25 mpg (city/highway/combined)
- LED headlights w/dynamic bending light (DBL)
- Panoramic sunroof with power sunshade
- Steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters
- Interior LED lighting
- 10-way power-adjustable passenger’s seat and ventilated front seats
- UVO3 with 8″ touchscreen control
- Sport front-grille in dark metallic with sport front and rear bumpers
- Sport black side sills
- Rear spoiler
- Available High Beam Assist (HBA)
- Sport-style LED rear combination lights
- Dual chrome exhaust tips
- Snow white pearl premium color paint
- 18″ alloy wheels with chrome finish
- Red front and rear brake calipers
- Supervision meter cluster with 4.3″ color LCD display
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror
- Sport leather seat trim
- Satin chrome accent trim
As you can see the 2018 Kia Optima offers a range of available features and options for your unique wants and needs. The one thing Kia hasn’t made available to only a handful of Kia Optima models is their cutting-edge safety technology. This safety technology provides unique and necessary driver-adaptive features to help keep you and your passengers safe on the road.
For any questions about the 2018 Kia Optima, or to schedule a test drive, contact us today!